Skip to main content
Faculty/Staff Resources
What is Health and Human Development?

Diverse fields of study that share one
common goal: enriching the lives of others.

Search search
Mobile Search:


Parking Permits

Every HHD employee or student, including wage payroll, part-time, and fixed-term, wishing to park a vehicle on campus must have a valid parking permit. Parking permits are specific to the employee and vehicles for which they are issued and registered to. Permits may not be transferred, sold, or duplicated. Full-time faculty and full-time staff parking permits are issued through the College of Health and Human Development’s Parking Chair, Kirsten Lynch, and must be returned if the employee is terminating employment, changing administrative units, or going on leave of any kind. 

Contact information for HHD’s Parking Chair: 

Kirsten Lynch 


Parking Permit Issuing  

Full-Time Faculty and Staff 

New to PSU: 

  • Full-time faculty and staff receive a temporary parking permit at their Onboarding Session with Human Resources that is valid for 15 days. 

  • HR will provide Temporary Permit instructions and information during the onboarding session at Innovation Park. 

  • Request a Parking Permit by contacting HHD’s Parking Chair. The Parking Chair will provide Parking Permit options from HHD’s inventory, and the cost associated with parking permits. Parking Permit payment will be deducted from paychecks monthly. 

  • The new employee must log-in to the Transportation Parking Portal and add their vehicle information to the system using their new PSU credentials prior to obtaining a parking permit from HHD’s Parking Chair.   

  • Existing PSU Employee who is transferring to Health and Human Development:  

  • Contact HHD’s Parking Chair to obtain a permit and return your old permit to your previous unit/department’s Parking Chair.  

  • Transportation Services will not assign the new permit until the old permit is returned.   

  • Full-time faculty and staff should confirm that their vehicle information is up to date.  


Part-Time/Wage Payroll Employees and Postdoc Fellows 

Parking permit applications for part-time and/or wage payroll, and Postdoc Fellow employees are processed by the Transportation Services Office. Wage payroll and Postdoc Fellow employees wishing to apply for parking should visit the University Transportation Services Office. 


All students (undergraduate, graduate, continuing education, part-time, full-time, or visiting) wishing to use parking facilities at University Park, including Innovation Park and the Technology Support Building, must register their vehicle with Transportation Services and, while parked on campus, properly display an authorized parking permit. Students wishing to apply for parking should visit the University Transportation Services Office. 

Returning Parking Permits 

Parking permits are the property of Penn State and must be returned to the department from which they were issued when they are no longer needed.  

Full-time Faculty and Staff who have terminated employment, are on leave, or are not working over the summer months, must return their parking permit to HHD’s Parking Chair unless other provisions have been made. If the permit is not returned on the last day of employment, the individual will be held accountable for the fee of the permit. 

Part-time/Wage Payroll employees, Postdoc Fellows, and students who no longer wish to park on campus must return their permit to the University Transportation Services Office. 

Updating Parking Permit Vehicle Information 

To add a new vehicle, remove a vehicle, or change vehicle information for your parking permit, please use the Transportation Parking Portal. For instructions, please refer to the Manage Vehicle and Account Information document

Motorcycle Parking Permits 

Faculty and staff who wish to park a motorcycle on campus must first register for a faculty/staff parking permit, then have their motorcycle registered for use with that permit. Once registered, display of the permit is not required on the motorcycle. However, only one vehicle or motorcycle associated with a permit may be parked on campus at any given time. 

CATA’s RIDEpass 

As an alternative to parking on campus, the Centre Area Transportation Authority (CATA) offers the RIDEpass, which issues Penn State faculty, staff, and graduate students discounted bus passes, good on all CATA bus routes in the State College area. For more information, please visit


Additional Parking Information 

Transportation Services Office and Hours: 

1 Eisenhower Parking Deck 
Open Monday, Wednesday, Thursday, and Friday, 7:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. 

Open Tuesdays, 7:30 a.m. to 5:30 p.m.  

For additional parking information, please reference the University’s parking webpage at