Skip to main content
Faculty/Staff Resources
What is Health and Human Development?

Diverse fields of study that share one
common goal: enriching the lives of others.

Search search
Mobile Search:

Definition and Policy

The University admits first-semester baccalaureate degree candidates to a campus that can provide at least 2 semesters of normal progress toward the program they have selected. Generally, students are expected to complete 2 full years of academic work at their initial campus. After 2 years, they may have to change to a University campus that offers the upper-level course work required in their major.

College Policy: A student may request an early change of campus in order to maintain normal progress toward his/her preferred major. Change of campus to University Park should generally take place after the student has completed 4 full-time semesters (or equivalent) at another campus. There are two ways under which students can relocate to University Park prior to completing 4 semesters: 1) if a student is unable to make normal progress toward the degree because the requisite courses are not available at the student’s campus. In this case requests will be reviewed on a case by case basis, and 2) if the Vice-Provost for Undergraduate Education has approved a policy exception for a given program. In all other circumstances, students should not be advised that the College will recommend relocation to University Park prior to completion of the fourth semester.

College Contact

For College of Health and Human Development University Park and campus academic advising information, please visit the Center for Student Advising and Engagement page.